1. I posted my 1.8 pound weight loss from last week on my Tuesday post. I am please to have stepped on the scale this morning and I've dropped another 2.2 pounds bringing my three week weight loss to 7 pounds. Not Biggest Loser type numbers where they shed that in a week, but slow and steady. While week one might have been over a pound of water weight, it seems my 1.5 pound a week target might inch closer to 2 pounds. I don't want to get ahead of myself but if I keep this pace, I may lose an additional 20 pounds by my nieces wedding in 10 weeks.
2. Enjoyed a few decadent meals and treats, but in moderation. DH and I went to our favorite wine bar for dinner last Friday night. I just didn't want to eat a salad, but opted for a leaner turkey burger, which is phenomenal as they top with a lingonberry jam, sunflower sprouts, and a white wine aioli. I even ate the bun, however, left most of the french fries untouched. I nibbled at the desert bar crawl at work-some really delicious items, ate pizza one night and penne alfredo another. I had chicken and mashed potatoes! I still need to do a better job of building my meals around vegetables, but happy that I could eat like a regular person and still lose a bit of weight.
3. DD2 had her first practice for show choir tryouts for next season and had the dance number on her iPad. Being silly, I told her I could definitely nail the tryouts and proceeded to try the dance. In teenager style, she was both embarrassed and pleased and snap chatted to her friends, "So this just happened. My mom just danced our try out." Her friend posted back, "Your mom is awesome." Melted my heart. Plus, the dancing was pretty fun, if pathetic, and I need to get some old fashion jazzercise into my exercise routine. I still need an exercise routine. Where is Richard Simmons?
4. I sat and meditated, a lot. I normally spend a few minutes each morning just lying awake before getting up, my quiet mind time. This week, I intentionally found additional moments to do so. Did I mention we have a zen room at work? After a particularly intense meeting, I went to the low light, soft room (unlike the starch office cubicles everywhere else) and sat listening to the rain before heading back to my desk.
5. A wedding guest/informal photographer at DD1's friends wedding posted a picture of DH and I from the wedding. At first I wasn't going to accept it being posted on my wall. I felt I looked worn, tired, fat. Then, I got over myself. I look how I look, and it is rare that I have a picture of DH and myself alone. Self acceptance has to start, right?
These are general and need more specificity, but my goals for wellness for the following week include:
- More vegetable based meals
- Increase walking-the rainy weather put dampers on this
- Develop an exercise routine-core and strength focus to go with walking
- Continue to take a work day meditation break, even if just a few minutes
- Take some pictures this week, capture the lilacs before they are gone