Monday, February 18, 2019

A Day of Work, Outings, and Leisure

Oh the blessings of a day of work that most everyone you work with has off as well! I have today off for Presidents Day though I've been up early since DD2 had today added to the calendar to make up for one of the snow/cold days. I already got a couple things on my list done. My plan is to speed clean until mid morning and then again later afternoon. I'm meeting DD1 late morning. We plan to get out and about with cameras, have some coffee, and maybe stop in a thrift shop or two. I'm  sticking to and so far so good, my no clothing purchases, new or previously loved, with the exception of socks, tights, and under garments as necessary to replace. Still, a good poke is fun and won't cost anything. I might find a thing or two for DD2 as she wants to have clothes she feels will be more a college look, yet practical for next year. Maybe there will be other treasures to find or just be amused with and save myself the money and clutter. 

My house needs more than a speed clean though, but after being sick, then a jam packed work week, then weekend, I'm settling for presentable. Kim at Out My Window has me taking a close eye to all the places I normally don't always look at to find the cob webs that materialize. I'll have to wait to dust as I really need some dusting spray but I'll pick that up when I am out along with laundry soap and cleanser. Another hour or so later to dust and clean bathrooms, and I'll feel like there is order to the week. I'll plug away at folding the laundry mound on a table, while washing, hanging, or drying (and folding and putting away) any lingering items from the laundry baskets while watching some YouTube tonight. I've been trying to add more plant based meals to my diet for a multitude of reasons, and have found some interesting channels. 

I ended up making a crock pot hot dish not on my meal plan list yesterday after finding a container of cottage cheeses dated 2/16/19. Sort of a mock lasagna, mock pasta primavera, I layered canned spaghetti sauce, uncooked elbow macaroni, between frozen mixed vegetables, cottage cheese blended with garlic and Italian seasoning, and mozzarella. The elbow macaroni wasn't the best choice, but I didn't have nay heartier type noodles. It tasted good anyway, with a couple portions leftover and soup is already made, so not even thinking of doing any cooking today. 

I'm getting caught back up reading blogs and commenting if I have anything to add or at least just a note to the blogger. There's still time to get your name in  Sluggy's February drawing at Don't Read This, It's Boring. My routine is back. I'm still sick of winter, but at least I am not sick. We've just one or two more winter weekends left and then might start seeing signs here and there of spring, starting with rolling the clocks ahead on March 10th. Have a great Monday. 

12 comments:

  1. I believe a meal plan is at best a rough idea of what might happen. I love finding something that needs to be used before it has passed any possible use. The crock pot lasagna was a great save. Now enjoy the day off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very rough these days, but hoping to use up what we have.

      Delete
  2. It seems we have been setting the clocks back a lot earlier in recent years. Anyway, I don't use furniture sprays anymore. They are really unnecessary, and they activate my asthma. I use a fluffy acrylic sock to dry dust (works as well as a Swiffer cloth, I also place two over my Swiffer Sweeper to dry mop the floors) and Old English lemon oil on those rare occasions I feel I must polish. You can use plain old vinegar and water with essential oils in a spray bottle too for dusting spray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem earlier this year and Easter is so late. We all do what works for us cleaning wise.I'd have lingering dust in the air like crazy without something and have a preferred way I do things.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes a speed clean is best - and hey, you do what you can. Glad you are starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More frequent speed cleans and perhaps I'll feel more ambitious for a deep clean every so often.

      Delete
  4. Wish I could be out and about with you today, but alas woke with a dreadful cold again. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely-and cold after a while, but worth a little cold fingers. We had an adventure nearly getting stuck and losing my boots, but we laughed!

      Delete
  5. camera's, coffee and thrift shopping sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have horrible pictures-too much light and not getting my settings down, but that was the point.Trying it out and practicing.

      Delete
  6. Isn't it something that as soon as you get one blessed day off work you end up trying to paint the Forth Bridge (you may need to google that). But if I got one day off I would make a dr. appointment, cook the equivalent of a Thanksgiving dinner, clean, garden, you name it. I guess it's just that thrill of having "unexpected" free time isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good mix of work and play and laziness.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.