Friday, June 11, 2021

What's Going on in My World: Friday W's

 

     I thought I should pop in a bit again and let you all know I'm still here. I am reading blogs, but usually through my phone so can't  post comments very well. Monday was one hell of a day. Between dealing with angry people who were not funded, we still had clean-up to do from the funding release. Did I mention on my Saturday post that pup was not feeling well? Well it got progressively worse, and by late morning on Monday, he was just listless, then he came over crying. I took him out side, and I'll spare details but things were not right. I of course Googled his symptoms and was scared he was deathly ill. Fortunately I got him into the vet, who diagnosed him with potentially a virus, possibly a parasite, possibly a little exposure to something with toxicity. I left with both an antibiotic, and two stomach treatments, which I am happy to say, has him getting back to himself. 

     I've not been writing posts because when I have down time from work, I'm trying to keep the hosue afloat, stay cool in this incredible June heatwave, and try and fit in a little entertainment and social life. To say TGIF is an understatement. Next week I have one of my team on vacation, then I am out the following. This staffs 1/2 time redeployment will be done when I get back-just in time to launch the new fiscal year. It's not all stress and flurry, and I will do a simple pleasures post on Tuesday...really I will. 

Where I've been: Last Friday my daughter and I went to an outdoor Improv show, and last night my younger daughter and I, despite the heat, went to a live Ladies of the 80's concert. Our city is hosting Thursday night concerts through the summer. I forgot when I first posted to share I also went to Trivia on Wednesday and we won first! $30 in veer money for next week. I think our competition will eventually come back so this is likely a one off.  

The band was not the B52's, but the wigs were pretty good. 

Where I'm going: The boat is done with the tweaks needed and Sunday we will give it our first good use of the summer. I don't plan to stay over since pup is not 100% himself and we don't need him getting into new stuff while his tummy's still sensitive. 

What I'm reading:  Not-A-Thing...and it pains me after having read a few books in April and early May. This prompt does remind me we have major stack of books that need to be returned. I also put my two beach read finds on a shelf in our cabin bedroom and they'll be ready for me when I take a few quiet days there. 

What I'm listening to: I have either public radio or BBC  World Service streaming when I'm not in meetings. Do I really anything I've heard? Not really, but I am listening for certain updates. 

What I've been watching: I've updated to include this category. While nursing the dog, I watched Mare of Easttown. I also finally finished all the episodes of the Irregulars. Both were slow to get into, but were good. 

What I'm eating:  I'm continuing to try new things and efforts to increase my success to getting at least five a day. Last night I experimented with a spinach artichoke sauce, and it was a hit. I served over rice, and I think it should be better with pasta. I'll try and remember how I made it and add to a Wednesday pantry post. I'm happy my daughter has access to a microwave at work, so she was able to bring leftovers a couple days-more satisfying than cold sandwiches every day. I'm glad as that should keep leftovers in check. Other meals was a huge crockpot pasta dish, BBQ country ribs with potatoes or couscous, and green beans, and Aldi red bag chicken and sweet potatoes fries. 

Who I'm paying attention to: I'm following the presidents trip to the G7 Conference. So nice to see a grown up meeting with other world leaders. I love Jill Biden's "Love" coat, but I can't help but think perhaps it was a  little bit of a middle finger  back at the former first ladies, "I Don't Care" coat. No one else think that? I guess I showed my dark and petty mind, LOL. 

What I'm planning: I'm really looking at my retirement funds-really looking at DH's and trying to figure might he be able to retire even earlier, though he is insistent he wasn't to get to 62. This heat has been so hard on him. I'm also starting to think about my week off and a good to do list, and thinking more about our late fall road trip-no real planning yet though. 

     Again, apologies for my sporadic blogging and comments on others. I feel like I might be leveling out b y July, so no promises on being a regular blogger until then. When I do come back, I hope I can add more photos, a bit more humor, and a bit more life beyond the office. Enjoy your weekend and 

19 comments:

  1. I think the whole point of blogging is that you do it for you, and blog when you feel like it so please don't apologize for your absence. Glad the pup is doing better though - that must have been a worry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's been my solid companion for 10 years and kept me company this year filled so often alone. I'm not ready to be a pet empty nester. I missed all of you though so want to be back.

      Delete
  2. Glad you pup is on the mend. Sounds like you've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's back snd naughty again, so feeling better. Now to get updated on all of your lives.

      Delete
  3. Never apologise when life gets in the way of blogging, we're here when you're ready to post.
    I'm glad your little dog is on the mend, aren't they a worry?
    Not much happening in my life but I've answered your questions!
    Where I've been: Moreton-in-Marsh in The Cotswolds to visit a Jacobean stately home. It was 63 miles away, the furthest we've driven since all this madness started!
    Where I'm going: We’re expecting an update from our illustrious leader on Monday...no point in planning anything yet.
    What I'm reading: Esi Edugyan’s Washington Black
    What I'm listening to: Still obsessed with I Do This All The Time by Self Esteem
    What I'm eating:  I’ve got a wedge of lime in my beer, does that count?
    Who I'm paying attention to: Nobody, I have the attention span of the gnat.
    What I’m planning: I’m not a planner. Tonight it’s a boozy night watching Italy Vs Turkey in the Euros, after than I haven’t a clue!
    take care! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had happy hour style dinner with just a bunch of tapas items to kick off, lol, start the weekend. I stocked up on lemons and limes but forgot to add. Will today as counts as a 5 a day. I loved your latest Trust visit.

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you pop in to day hello, you've been missed. It sounds like things are going well other than your poor pup. I'm glad he's doing better now. I hope you have a great weekend Sam! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rest of the week and pup improved. I'm very tired of people though.

      Delete
  5. Good to hear from you. I am glad your pup is doing better. I feel bad for pets because, they have no way of telling us exactly what they feel. One feels helpless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly it. Pets and babies are the hardest for me to help as I worry Id do wrong thing.

      Delete
  6. I have missed reading your posts but I surely understand that things in the 3-d world take precedence over blogging.
    I hope things settle down a bit for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another week of chaos but then hopefully, work and life can find a pattern.

      Delete
  7. Poor pup. I'm glad he is getting better.
    Sorry about all the stress. Hope that things calm down soon. Please take care of yourself. Don't worry about blogging.
    Enjoy your break, and I hope you have a restful trip to the cabin. The improv show and concert sounds like so much fun. Glad that things are getting back to a more normal.
    The "Love" coat cracked me up. I'm just thankful to have an adult in charge again, and I think the rest of the world is relieved too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He's naughty again, and playful so good signs. Her coat was quite whimsical.

      Delete
  8. I always think of you when I do my Ws.
    I too like the Biden maturity in that meeting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice. It's good to be thought of in a nice way.

      Delete
  9. I am glad your dog is okay. What could he be getting into? I hope your team continues to win at trivia. They looked like the B52s and I bet it was fun. You have been missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's lots of things he could have licked on our walks, or picked up a bug. He went to the cabin with us anyway and had a ball.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.