Friday, September 10, 2021

What's Up? My World in W's

 


     Once again we have reached Friday. I've been capturing all the little things that surround my life in questions for about a year now. I'm excited, all fun intended as I would not actually do it, Who needs to be slapped? This is thanks to the irreverent Spo. Stay tuned to read this one which I think may be a regular addition and I will feel so much better. 

What's top of mind: My head is very full right now with work and family stuff-good stuff, but a lot of things. Two work issues are giving me heartburn, both caused by action or inaction by someone else, both  issues I cannot solve-have no means to solve, but both impact my program area and are keeping us in limbo until those that can fix them, do. See "slap" below! 

Where I've been: Besides out for dinner Saturday and the lake, I've been walking. Pup, my daughter and I went walking on a different path that takes us between a lake made with Mississippi runoff and a stretch of the river that creates a sort of bay looking feature. The walking and bike path goes between the two natural features. I tried to take a panoramic picture that sort of captures this. 



Where I'm going:  My daughter is doing a mud run tomorrow and I'm going to be her driver so she doesn't need to worry about phone and keys. Apparently there is a festival like atmosphere with food trucks and stalls, and will provide some good people watching. If I can, I will be sure to share all the muddy fun. 

What I'm reading: I've been reading a couple different books/journals on cohesion in early childhood programming. If more federal funds come to our field, we will be charged with ensuring an appropriate mixed delivery system that provides a wide range of choice and program options to meet individual child needs. Early childhood is not a system-but a very fragmented ecosystem of different programs, teaching credentials, funding, and access-at least in the United States. I'm trying to get out of my day to day work head and give my strategic brain more food. 

What I'm listening to: At the lake on the pontoon, there was an odd station found that had all "love songs" from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. It was that bad!  What was good, was DH had free Sirus radio for the weekend and we found a classic rock station on the way up to the lake. 

What I've been watching: I'm doing research, better known as watching YouTube, on various challenges for the month of September. .When I do the Dollar Tree $5 challenge, I am going to try and avoid what seems to be the go to, frozen peppers and onions. Interesting, and I'll see if these pop up in the coming months, is all the Dollar Tree  make a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner for under $20. I watched a couple, and wow, I would need to drink a gallon of water to  filter through the amount of salt these dinner would have. This may be a one and done challenge.

What I'm eating:  My clean out the fridge chili turned out pretty darn good last night. I sent the remains, a good bowls worth, home with my daughter as she has an evening shoot and this would give her a hearty dinner. We had been out of eggs for over a week and I finally picked some up last weekend. I enjoyed making just a basic over easy egg on toast for lunch  one day this week when I gave myself a break from leftovers. For afternoon snacking, I've been devouring cucumbers and hummus. 

Who I'm paying attention to: I have a new staff starting on Wednesday and I am battling getting the needed paperwork done to get her set up with computer an din the system. I see on a master list  people hired after her that are already marked complete. If not resolved by end of today, I will go into my weekend thinking about it as well. 

What I'm planning:  Now that we are really into September, I suppose we better narrow down our vacation plans if we want to go other than the cabin. 

Who needs to be (figuratively) slapped: I fear this could take over if I let it. Using Spo's vernacular, those or them's, I'll just add for this week, those that made a significant work blunder, know it, and still try to gaslight in public to another  person/program. It is really hard to undue or correct errors when the origin is unknown, so just fess up, and lets get it fixed! 

What's Making Me Smile: DD2 snapped this picture last night on our walk.  Double reason to smile.

     My gosh has the week been gorgeous here, but I know it is not in other places. I'm so sorry for you all dealing with too much rain, too much wind, still battling haze from fires or worse, the fires themselves, and excessive heat. What are the W's in your world right now?

22 comments:

  1. Both pictures of the lake are beautiful - even the pup is smiling in the last one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loves that particular walk route. So many new smells-other dog walkers, runners, bikes.

      Delete
  2. That picture is absolutely gorgeous! Your daughter is very talented!
    Sounds like a good week. Hope the work problem is resolved quickly, and I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a good eye and patience to get the right photo. The work issue took several people all day to fix, and fingers crossed the reason for the mess was also fixed.

      Delete
  3. What's on top of mind? MRI on Monday of brain and brain stem. I am having pain in at an old head injury spot.

    Where I have been? gardens and kitchen processing gardens.

    Where am I going? Crazy...didn't even have to shift out of park LOL

    What I am reading The End of Alzheimer's by Dale E Bredesen MD (just started)

    What am I listening to? Amish neighbor's saw mill.

    What am I watching? the weather as we need rain. I can put my hand in the cracks sideways and not touch dirt on either side.

    What am I eating? what ever veggie comes in that day or Hubby brings home from one of the Amish he works for. What ever meat I find in freezers. Last night it was peaches.

    Who am I paying attention to? My dogs Rascal ,11 yrs old limping and itching. Charlotte 4 yrs old and itching. Both on meds now.

    What I am planning? To paint the one section of the front porch before the Amish crew take off the top boards and replace them and long with adding a wheelchair ramp.

    Who needs to be slapped (figuratively) the child that keeps making the same choices but expects a different outcome and then blames everyone else for the results. SIGH

    what makes me smile? My Hubby, my dogs, my home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending good thoughts that you will get good news and relief from your old injury. I'm happy for you on your smiles and do get your slapping. It's hard to be witness to destruction.

      Delete
  4. Hope the snafu at work resolves quickly.
    Your daughters photo is just gorgeous.
    Have a ball at the mud run. I have seen pictures for some of the local ones and it looks like it would be a fun day, except for the running part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No running for me, but as I told my sister, I'm useful as a piece of luggage to hold my daughter's stuff.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful shot of the sky Sam. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had feasts for the eyes this week at sunset.

      Delete
  6. That last picture is amazing, Sam. :) Pup looks very happy!

    Top of mind for me is changes at my job. I should find out what's going on next week, but am trying to get off that hamster wheel for the weekend.

    I just finished reading Andre Leon Tally's memoir and loved all the insider gossip.

    Who needs slapping? Anti-maskers who harass our health care workers. Arg!

    Have a great weekend, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your changes don't cause you too much stress, but the unknown is always hard. I'll add anti maskers that harass schools.

      Delete
  7. Hmmm...not sure if my comment made it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well here in Idaho about 60% of the population needs to be slapped. Daughter took her class of kindergarten first graders to the county fair where masks were required and those kids were the only ones masked. She was so mad. I have watched those dollar store challenges but all the processed food gets to me, as I drink my diet coke! I need a slap...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the processed part is going to be tough to work with, but it's for fun. I don't know why people aren't seeing that kids are being impacted with this illness now.

      Delete
  9. Love the photos! I'm eating a lot of salad & smoothies these days. Trying to unwind some caloric damage done over the summer. ;-)

    Who needs to be slapped? People who put others at risk without thinking of anyone other than themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those people are on my list as well. I'm rarely in groups outside my own circle, but mask is back to basic for my few times. I worry being inside again with cold weather.

      Delete
  10. thank you for the shout out; slap away.
    I shudder at the notion of love songs from the 70s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The station was truly syrup clogging a bottle- that bad.

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous photos SAM.
    Top of mind is that I should have finally been seeing the neurologist tomorrow (Sunday clinic due to backlog, 21 months after the neuro problems started), but I had a phone call earlier this week to postpone it for another 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, Scarlet. That is too long not getting answers.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.