Thursday, January 6, 2022

Thrifty Thursday- Slush Fund Money and Freebies

     


     There's no harm in having hobbies. It's even better when those hobbies pay you. I'm not going to have inclination or spend time being master level, but I sure can take advantage when opportunity to earn a bit comes easy. You might call them side hustles but as this is money not from my job, I'm classifying little earnings and perks as Slush Fund. I'd love to cumulatively earn $1200 over the course of the year. This has to be real money/ gift cards I can use like cash though- not buying something I normally wouldn't buy to get money back. If it ends up being totally free, I'll track freebies separately.

How will I do this?

Cash and card apps: I've finally embraced the scanning of receipts in Fetch and tracking cash back in Ibotta. I don't know what I'll get or how long it will take but I'm going to hope for a modest $30. If you're also new to Ibotta, feel free to use my referral code. I don't know what we both might earn. Newbie. Code  bpbrmut 

For Fetch, I got this spiel to share.

Hey, this is how I turn my receipts into free gift cards. Try it and get 2,000 pts! https://fetchrewards.onelink.me/vvv3/referraltext?code=DXREDD

Microsoft Rewards: This will be in the form of Target gift cards, but with diligence, I could earn at least $50. The link is above if you haven't checked it out. Trivia and surfing the web- what's not to like?

One and only one yard sale: This is a support for a purging goal but will aim to net $300.

Facebook Marketplace: Yet another part of purging, but as I find things we don't need or use, why not try and recoup some money back for $220 goal? A high school friendly aquaintance has been rather successful posting and selling 3-5 items a month just through the local page.

Blog Adsense: This is up to you folks, but I appreciate that so many of you weighed in to accept my blog with the ads. It netted me $100 pay out in December. Since payout happens only when $100 is reached but does pay the overages. I'll estimate perhaps $600 for the year.

Freebies: I'll tuck these away for stocking stuffers, birthday cash accompanies, or just niceties, and will share here. Places like Veg fest where we got some wonderful vegan Lip balms, and opportunities to layer coupons in Kohl's or CVS, might yield some goodies that later save a bit of greenbacks. Free food items can be eaten or donated. Some freebies will be just to treat ourselves.

     I'll share any success,  likely in a month end tally to start the new month. I hope I learn some of the tricks many of you have mastered. This will all be for fun.  I'm fortunate to not need to rely on these good hobbies, but it'll be fun to see if I can come close to the goals.

16 comments:

  1. Fun! I haven't set any goals like this for the year, but you're inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are targets to look at and track. I think it will be fun and interesting to see what is achieved in a year.

      Delete
  2. Every little helps, as they say, so why not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, it is both a challenge and a bit of fun-just for hobby sake.

      Delete
  3. I must admit I've not heard of most of the apps or companies you've written about but I'm glad your hobby is reaping rewards for you. As the famous supermarket advert says, Every Little Helps! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been passing the receipts and such on to my daughter, but she got a referral as did a reader for one of the apps. I'm sure there are other schemes in other places.

      Delete
  4. I haven't had alot of luck with ibotta but in gonna try and do better moving forward with the apps. I also do shopkick. And I do surveys online. I subscribe to two discount sites thar share freebies and almost freebies and I use those kohl's and penny's ten dollars off ten dollars coupons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a whopping 50 cents with Ibotta. I'm still not so sure how it works and missed out on the deal everyone was doing back in November.

      Delete
  5. I don't know if I feel inspired to, or shamed that I have not hopped on the Fletch and Ibotta trains. I decided to investigate both today and see if they are right for me. I am not much of a consumer other than buying groceries so I guess I'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't feel any shame. It's more a challenge to me to see if it pays out. I learned Fetch though any receipt works. The UPS store worked. The points are slow to acumulate.

      Delete
  6. I admire you this, I keep my hobbies (blogging, sewing, rolling down grass hills) strictly not for pay lest they turn into a sort of job with frets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you can see, I just like to challenge myself for nothing other than the purpose of the challenge. IF I get bored, I'll stop caring.

      Delete
  7. I can transfer with adsense about $150 every 2-3 months depending on my content, which is often not that great. I do plan on trying to flip at least 4 items a month and see how I do, this may fizzle to as soon as I get really busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no rhyme or reason why ads are clicked and why their not. Some days there is nothing and other days $2-$3, and the content was the same boring stuff as the previous day. We've got some good artwork someone might like, but I don't want it up on my walls again, nor do my kids want. There's also some dishes, old cookware, things I just never used but are practically brand new, but also cluttered in the charity shops.

      Delete
  8. I don't consider these things hobbies. But, nevertheless, I think these are admirable activities in the result is enhancing your financial state. Besides, I like extra money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you call things you do for fun and personal challenge that you're not obligated to do? I put all those things into hobbies. Extra money to use elsewhere is a good thing.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.