My daughter and I are on the road when this is scheduled to publish. I've got fingers crossed the minor issues are resolved and it's an efficient trip. Not much thrift but here's a few- one big I guess for my daughter.
- My daughter and friend hopped around different search sites for airfare. They ended up waiting overnight and found same flights for $309 less than night before.
- Father's Day was a frugal but delicious burger meal. DH did his own cooking if the burgers.
- We've got water, sandwiches, pretzels, and juice to help ward off driving hunger
- No take out or eating out for me or for family meal. Have leftovers left for the others should they want
- My daughter was near both Sam's Club and Trader Joe's so picked up a few items without anyone going out of their way. Less driving is essential these days.
- Cooked up a pound, maybe more, of chickpeas lurking in my pantry. I planned to make hummus, but didn't get far enough in my day. My version is just the chickpeas, garlic,lemon juice, a little tahini, and blitzed with water to the consistency we wanted. Salt and pepper to taste. No recipe but I'm sure you can Google many. I kept about 1& 1/2 cups out for my daughter (more than a can) and put the rest in two freezer bags. Both held about two cans worth. Considering even at Aldi they are 69¢ a can, this 1/1 bag was probably $1 worth, so got these down to about 20¢ per equivalent.
- Filled up DH's vehicle last night( he wanted us to take his newer vehicle) in town with slightly less expensive gas and a coupon
It won't be a frugal few days, but I just don't want to worry once we're there. If we need to go out of walking distance we'll do a Lyft or Uber. We'll also want a nice dinner tonight and lunch before getting in the road. How was your week? Anyone saving money?